beautifulmayhem

spreading love by force

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm Joy, author of the upcoming book, Cook, Eat, Thrive: Vegan Recipes from Everyday to Exotic, coming soon from Tofu Hound/PM Press. I live alongside an incredible man and two vegan kids in a life full of sunshine, vegan cake, new places, and hope. Here, you'll find vegan food and recipes laden with fresh, whole ingredients.

Saturday, May 13

"I am hard core"

This is a cover letter I wrote when applying for a job I seriously wanted. While I think cover letters are generallly contrived and useless, I was particularly proud of this one. Needless to say, I didn't get an interview.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in response to the position of [job title] with [organization].

I believe I would be an ideal candidate for this position. As Production Manager of [organization], I worked as an international advocate for the poor while refining my abilities as an editor and writer. I have acted in a number of organizing capacities, from recruiting college students as a [job title] to building community with [organization]. I possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and work well in a collaborative environment.

I recently took a year to fulfill a lifelong dream of becoming a pastry chef. Grateful for the experience, I quickly realized that I was created to exact change in a broader context. I hope to do so by working with [organization].

The factor that truly distinguishes me from other candidates is an ever-increasing passion for social change through creative means. I have tutored Muslims in East Jerusalem and bandaged the wounds of Christians in Haiti. I fought off an attempted rapist and escaped unscathed. I am a vegan. I ran a marathon in less than five hours. I have organized events with more than 200 people and led women’s groups with less than ten. I am hard core.

I have attached my resume for your review. I hope you will consider me for this position.

Sincerely,

Joy [last name]

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I want to grow up to be just like you! :D

10:51 PM  
Blogger Gabriela Puscasu said...

Hey. I need to please talk to you about the name of the blog.

I really want to use this name for a blog I wanna open about home stuff and I see that you don't really use this one.

Thank you

And I hope that you will think about this.

Have a great day

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home